Friday, October 30, 2009

Mind Manager Basics Pod 1: Guided Tour

The first of a series of podcasts is now up and available. The audio portion can be found here as Podcast #1. The student maps, syllabus, and other materials have been linked at piqueroblog.blogspot.com .

The series assumes you have access to a computer that has Version 7 or Version 8 installed, either the product or the trial version. The trial is only good for 30 days.

I am trying to break the material up into 20 to 30 minute episodes. I will also try to give the student an assignment, like finish the map we started. The actual time you spend on each episode will be more than the audio run time.

In the first episode we jump right in to build a simple business map. I walk you through step-by-step. Not a lot of tricky formatting (that comes later). I even tell you what the end result looks like (it is in the supplemental material).

Why a podcast and not a video on YouTube? Well, the quick answer is I do not have video capability. But whenever I watch video tutorials I am watching and not doing. That means furious note taking and then going back and trying it myself. I am hoping with a podcast that you can listen and perform the actions in the tool yourself. And as a result get a better learning experience.

I am interested in your opinions. Write a comment to this blog post or drop us a note at Podcast =(at)= piqueroinc.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment